This makes a large salad, but you may cut it in half for less servings. You may make this ahead of time (leave out nuts until just before serving) and keep in fridge until serving. Soooo delicious!!
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup whole cashews, walnuts or pecans, optional
- 1 cup raisins
Mix all ingredients except nuts in large bowl. Add dressing and stir. Just before serving, add nuts.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Combine dressing ingredients and let sit until sugar melts. Pour over salad and mix to cover all ingredients.
Note: This dressing is excellent for coleslaw also.
“Christ showed His love by dying for us; we show ours by living for Him.”