Dixie’s Lemon Blueberry Biscuits
These drop biscuits are sooo delicious!!! They are a cross between a biscuit, a scone and a muffin. The three of us were ooing and ahhing over them. We ate them slightly warm and they had a wonderful lemon flavor and just bursting with blueberries. (My blueberries were pretty large, which I think made them extra special.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (10-oz.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. jar lemon curd
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (you do not need to defrost them)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk the first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk lemon curd, egg, melted butter and lemon zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 inch apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light brown.
In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients, stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Makes 10 to 12 biscuits.
“We were created to give God the glory.”