Veggie Chopped Salad
This is a little different from the other salads on my blog. But equally delicious. It makes a fairly large salad so it would be great to serve at a holiday or a summer get-together.
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 8 oz.), thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, cheese, vinegar and salt until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
“God’s love in our heart gives us a heart for others.”