Chicken Potato Chowder
This chowder is thick and creamy and just delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 medium-size potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature) or 4 oz. softened cream cheese plus 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into medium dice (about 2 cups)
Melt butter in a stockpot over low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Add the parsley flakes, salt, and pepper.
Stir the flour and milk together in a small bowl until smooth, add the flour mixture to the soup, and bring the soup to a boil. Stir the soup until it begins to thicken. Add the cheese and mix until the cheese has melted into the soup. Stir in the chicken and continue cooking until the chicken is heated through, but do not boil.
Serves 4 to 6. (I would double this recipe it is so good.)
“Witnessing isn’t a job to be done but a life to be lived.”