Cashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
This is a beautiful and fresh salad to serve at potlucks or picnics. Spring is coming and the perfect meal-in-one. Delicious! It makes quite a large amount, so I made a half recipe.
- 1 pkg. (16-0z.) spiral or rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (I poached my chicken and it was very moist)
- 1 can (20-oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (I left out)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 pkg. (5-oz.) dried cranberries
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews.
Makes 12 servings.
“With God, all things are possible.”