Copycat KFC Cole Slaw
My grandson, Caleb, loves KFC Cole Slaw, so I had to make this for his birthday party along with his other favorite, BBQ ribs.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice).
Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for a least 2 hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.
“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love most.”