They say this has healing powers to cure the common cold. I say it is a great recipe for losing weight. You may want to call it Garden Vegetable Soup, but whatever you want to call it, it is good. And especially good on a cold winter’s day.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
Stir in carrots, green beans and tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
“Grace is getting what we do not deserve. Mercy is not receiving what we do deserve.”