Frozen Cranberry Salad
- 2 (3-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (16-oz.) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, opt.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lettuce leaves
Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple, and pecans, if using.
Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Stir in vanilla. Fold whipped cream mixture into cranberry mixture. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square dish. Cover and freeze until firm. Cut into squares, and serve on lettuce leaves.
“Courage is fear that has said its prayers.”