White Chocolate and Lime Mousse Cake
This is so good and light . . . a refreshing cloud in your mouth. My birthday cake this year.
- 2 cups ground gingersnap cookies (about 38 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in food processor. Add butter, and pulse until moist clumps form. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 9 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-oz.) pkgs. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled and whipped
Place lime juice in a glass bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top to soften. Bring 1/2 cup cream to a simmer in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat all 3 cream cheeses, sugar, and lime zest with an electric mixer until blended. Slowly beat in white chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour filling over crust in pan. Cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Release sides of pan from cake. Transfer to a cake platter, and serve. Yields 12 – 14 servings.
“The One who saved us is the One who keeps us.”
This is a cool flavor combination…thanks for sharing.