Chicken Noodle Soup
This is the best chicken noodle soup!! It reminds me of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup, which I also love.
- 16-oz. pkg. egg noodles, uncooked (or any kind of pasta you like)
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1 or 2 (14.5-oz.) cans low-sodium chicken stock, optional*
In a large stock pot, saute on medium heat celery, carrots and onions in vegetable oil until cooked. Add chicken stock, salt, poultry seasoning, and chicken. Heat to boiling and then add noodles. Reduce heat and cook just until noodles are cooked. Serve.
*Because the noodles soak up the broth, I then add the extra chicken stock.. If you like your soup heartier and not so juicy, leave the extra chicken stock out. I like to add crackers to my soup so I like the juicier version.
Serves 8 to 10.
“Turning down the volume of life allows you to listen to God.”