This is a delicious soup to make on a chilly day. Serve it with cheesy garlic bread for a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed (I used all-natural pork sausage)
- 2 onions chopped fine
- 4 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 4 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 (15-oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook sausage, breaking up large pieces with wooden spoon, until it is well browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to bowl. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat left in pot, add onions and celery and cook over medium heat until softened and lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
Stir in browned sausage, tomatoes, broth and water and bring to boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves 8 to 10.
“God is actively working to keep you from the danger of getting lost in sin.”