This Southern favorite of lima beans, corn, and chopped peppers is simmered in whipping cream until tender. Delicious!
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen lima beans
- 4 cups fresh corn (8 ears) or 1 (16-oz.) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook lima beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 to 8 minutes or until beans are barely tender; drain. Transfer lima beans to a large skillet. Add corn and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
“For a healthier spiritual life, exercise humility and care for others.”