Olive Cheese Bread
This disappeared so fast that my husband only got one piece. I guess I will have to fix it again soon. Yum, yum, yum.
- 1 (14.5-oz) can black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (6-oz) jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, chopped olives, and green onions. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Slice the French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Spread the olive-cheese mixture in an even layer on each half.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese mixture is thoroughly melted and beginning to turn light brown and bubbly. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Note: This can be flash frozen and then wrapped tightly and frozen for up to six months.
“The essential fact of Christianity is that God thought all humanity worth the sacrifice of His Son.”